Tuesday, November 13, 2012

New tradition: check!!

The "Marten Goose" celebration is over (ie Mårten Gås!) and hence a new tradition is started!
We had eight weekend guests: three came to us Friday and the rest arrived Saturday. I had taken a day off to clean and cook but would have needed at least two.
Just make dinner probably took about ten hours and cleaning about ten too.

However intense, the time with the guests was great. Heart warming, fun and invigorating :-)


Still beautiful autumn here.




The most exciting plant to look forward to the upcoming spring is the "new" Magnolia.
Can't wait for it to bloom (hopefully)!


Little darlings keep blooming - I just can not believe my eyes! Hey guys, it's almost winter now...




Nothin' but love for ya' <3


Halloween is over. It really marks fall here and paves the way for winter. 
But not just yet.


Our beloved friends came Friday and The Boy's beloved friend. Good-great times :-D





The Mårten Gås-tradition is very old in our country and especially in the south, where we live! It is an evening for "black soup" (goose blood soup), goose and potatoes and gravy and then Scania apple pie (since apples are all over, this time of year and people can't eat them fast enough).

Little did we know that cooking goose - mainly preparing it - took hours and hours and hours!!!! We were faaaaaar from ready when the guests came. Far from it and sweaty.
At midnight I took the apron off. But not until then.
Crazy times!!
Next year I'll have two days off before the guests arrive and will make both soup and apple pie the weekend before.
Lesson learned, hence.



Yeah, the master-geese-chef - that's me!


Stuffing that in itself took quite a while to make...


I was still able to step outside and pick my own herbs in the garden. Quite lovely!


Hectic times! The Boy caught us with the camera.


The calm after the storm. Sunday and the friends take their iPads to the staircase 
(anything to keep parents' hands off...!).




The Boy made decorations at school <3


We take one step at the time toward winter.







Even if I was crazed during the weekend with the cleaning, guests and all - and tired like I don't know what after - I feel a special kind of harmony inside. I feel love and thankfulness and I feel at peace with everything in my life. It's a good life, it's good days for me.
Sunday wasn't only the day of departure for our friends, it was also Father's Day and our 12:th wedding anniversary. Of course resting was the only thing on the agenda but it all takes place inside me and I rejoice about it silently and tenderly.

Life around the age of 41 is.... good.

Have a fantastic rest of the week!
Nothing but love <3


No comments:

Post a Comment