Saturday, June 29, 2013

If you had one day left to live

I was ill, in bed, and the TV was on and there was an old rerun of some show I've never seen and the episode had the theme "If you had only one day left to live, what would you do?".
That was an interesting question - and an easy one!

What would YOU do?

Here's what I'd do:
I'd spend all day with my sons, my husband and my beloved dog. I'd start out with breakfast outside, containing tasty bread, cheese and tea and very uplifted conversation topics, inspired by the semi early hour and they might be about what life IS and what makes us tick.
I guess I'd have to say what makes me tick is being with others, getting input from them and on that very last day those others would be my family.

Sitting around for breakfast might lead us to a pre-lunch walk.
We'd walk around our beautiful surroundings and down to the beach, where we'd sit in the white sand. We'd have coffee and cake there and let the wind grab ahold of our hair and whirl around in it until hair was well into our mouths and eyes!
I'd bite that cake and take in not just the cake but the scene - the fantastic middle blue ocean with its currents and waves. The sound that is irreplacable would mix with the voices of those I love so so much.
After the cake was eaten and the jokes and topics were given a slight rest, I'd lay back into the sand and close my eyes. Only the sound of the ocean and the seagulls now.
Amazing!

We'd have our lunch at one of the places by the beach: the cute rustic one or the luxurious elegant one, it doesn't matter. The food would be seasoned with love and listening and inhaling the moment. My two sons would beat the ocean for grandness: one set of eyes that are dark brown like truffled chocolate, warm and perfect like an espresso, the other set of eyes are blue like the sky or the ocean and a fresh swim early in May, one bright morning. I could look into those sets of eyes for a lifetime, and that's exactly what that last day would be: a lifetime in a day.

I'd lean on my husband after lunch and just listen to him talking about one of the many subjects he loves talking about: economics, politics or the environment. After having listened to his lectures so many times, I guess I could just ease in to yet another one?!

As the afternoon reached us the jog back home with a happy jumping dog would be just what we all needed to get ready for dinner. In a while!
We'd play some Nintendo or XBox on arrival home and I'd enjoy getting my ass kicked by both my sons, and my "daughter in law" :-)
At least I'd kick Marcus's butt, thank goodness...

I can see myself in that scene, eyes narrow from all the smiling and a mouth almost in cramp from laughing so much.
Maybe the eyes would also be slightly teared since those boys not only melt my heart, they make me so thankful that I'm overwhelmed. They're truly my life and my reason for being.
That dog and husband mean the world too, they really do, but they are not my sons. Noone is my sons but them. They're so special and my heart needs them so much.

Dinner would be cooked by me and contain something that everyone loves, may it be curry, chicken, beef, salad or what have you!! We'd have a glass of Valpolicella to go with it. We'd talk of love and the meaning of living. We'd talk of the worst days and the best days and we wouldn't dwell on the worst ones. We would express what we love the most about each other and we'd thank each other for what we're thankful for.
If I'm to go tomorrow I want to go knowing I've said my thanks, because I'm thankful for so many things in life. I'd also like to go freshly thanked, for I have absolutely done things for people, going out of my way doing so and it's nice knowing it was good.

The evening would be holding on and training to let go.
I'd want to hold on for ever - to my sons arms and eyes, to my husband's ever loving heart and my dog's appreciateive loving look. I'd want none of us to fear the letting go, so we'd train for it by being silent and only feeling and sensing each other's love.

I'd say my "I love you:s" and I'd rest on a huge bed, covered in velvet with that bunch and we'd call it a day together, facing sleep.
We'd call it a life.
And what a life it had been!


Midsummer, part 2, coming up:




My friend is a very keen gardener and has a lovely garden!





We got to eat her home cultivated potaoes :-)

I can't look at that hand enough. It's the hand of the man I love!








A spot for tired mamas resting a while.

As you may be able to see here, this little girl like The Boy a whole lot...

A magical evening.

Even exhausted papas may rest a bit...









Party animals :-)












Water is fun...

And the person with the hose, has the power..!!



Evening sun is kinda good!




Love, live, hold on and let go - for life.
Love, A

No comments:

Post a Comment