Friday, May 6, 2011

Give me the simple life!

Every now and then Blogger goes completely bananas and this time it has - I have no clue what this post will look like after posting and after quite some hours I give up trying to make it look right. Please, go with the flow!
***
(new shoes for simple summerdays)


I don't know what's up with me and lyrics, these days, but I found another one that I've loved for years:

"Folks are blessed that make the best of everyday
Living by their own philosophy
Everyone beneath the sun must find a way
And I have found the only way for me...
...
I don't believe in frettin' and grievin'; Why mess around with strife?
I never was cut out to step and strut out.
Give me the simple life.

Some find it pleasant dining on pheasant.
Those things roll off my knife;
Just serve me tomatoes; and mashed potatoes;
Give me the simple life.

A cottage small is all I'm after,
Not one that's spacious and wide.
A house that rings with joy and laughter
And the ones you love inside."

For most of us "life bloggers" I think this is true and a reason why we're blogging: to make the best of every day. Life's sharpened by the mere fact that it's worthy of publishing and reflecting over.
I heard this song now, again, watching the movie "Father of the bride 2" and I get so nostalgic! That's really what
I want: the simple life.
***

(gosh, I see now, for the first time that I'm quite wrinkly!! wow, the years sure do pass!)
***


Favorites
***
I'm the kind of person who rarely (hubs would say "never") tire of something I like.
I'll keep going back to a good restaurant or café, year after year, if it's especially good.
I'm faithful to nice and
thoughtful shop owners or clerks and naturally I don't tire of
posting pics of
these favorite places of mine either!
That might get boring to dear friends
who keep reading my posts but then that's a challange -
posting new angles of my
loves in life.
***


Simple
things to love
I love my interior decorating magazines Living Etc and Country Life.
I love a foam bath.
I love a good crime
novel, for example by Donna Leon.
I love great music (preferably from the
eighties and everything with Will Smith!).
I love jogging with my dog.
I love buying new shoes or
clothes, although I do it very rarely.
I love dragging my old furniture and
stuff around, trying new places or functions for it, sometimes with huge delight as a result.
I love our small and cosy house and the fact that
it's totally managable.
I love looking at my loved ones.
***


A nice evening jog.





More favorite simplicities...
Whether it’s coffee break at work or just a wonderful any-time-of-day during the weekend, surfing cooly into my favorite blogs are heaven.
It’s simple (for me) but boy, is it refreshing and does it let my mind and spirit fly?!! Yes, I always get energized from it and I really love it.
Dreaming of good times to come.
I do this: I find myself on the train, bus or walking – dreaming of the upcoming evening, weekend or summer. I dream of outings, travels or dinner and wine. I dream of sinking into the sofa, watching a movie.
You all know me by now: I love to get surprised as soon as that Blackbird hits a lovely key. It gets to me every time and I can’t believe a sound can be that mesmerizing.
***
***
Peace and quiet.
***



My blooming heart.
That’s a new favourite! I was trying to explain to my husband, one day, how I feel about life right now and ended up with this description: “I have a blooming heart”.
***
This boy is in a car wash!
***
***
Wow!!
***

The Boy loves kidding with his mother and set this "ghost" up...
***

The Boy plays with his best friend.

***
And so the weekend is here again. Friday comes with the promise of good times, and here it also comes with a sure promise of warm weather. I'll gear up with bikini and grill. Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment