Friday, May 27, 2011

A postcard from my family!

Stamp on, and it's off!
Since I keep praising our town I thought a postcard might come in handy here!
Of course not nearly all of the beautiful spots are portrayed in this postcard (they rarely are in postcards) but on the other hand: there are no silly jokes or bikini broads either ;-)

Mom's trying to capture the yellow half timbered? I'll make sure I get in the way!!

Birds are of special interest to us, especially to me: I love birds.
These ones were nesting outside the grocery store window.

... more birds. Baby birds this time (yes, I should have used another lense but I can't find it!!!).

Still kidding around!

Now we're talking. See?!

We've been living here a year, about now. I've been here a year and 26 days and Marcus and The Boy have been here almost a year. We're undoubtedly in the infatuation state still, no question about it! We discover new things and places all the time and it's all a wonder and a marvel. I guess I'm what the hubs call "overly enthusiastic" by nature but boy, do I marvel over things!

I still remember the first evening I came home late from work to the lonely house: I walked the wrong way and got lost in our neighborhood. Now this seems like a joke!

All sorts.

Yihaa, finally open for business for the summer! One of our favorite cafés.


At this place I ran around as kid and at this place my grandmother and grandfather have enjoyed many a good cup of tea or coffee with cookies, cake and ice cream. Memory Lane, hence, but still as my grandfather's favourite poet Lorca wrote:
"You can never get back to the childhood places, cause they're not still there".
It is so: without the people, the places are not the same. But we're creating new memories, new "places" that our boy can remember and later conclude "are not still there".





In our town it's a tradition among the senior citizens to dress up for the Saturday cup of coffee.
This gentleman sure does look nice in his hat!

Father and son looking down at the ducks swimming by.








The tulips are already on to the last blooming...





Well, now this photo speaks for itself!

This ons has loved soap bubbles since.... forever!!

Wow, how high and fast they fly!

It's a bit tricky learning how to make huge bubbles...

Looks like The Boy finally found a way to get the dog's attention.





This is something that gardens are particularly good for.

Cuddly days, even for the ever working husband.

You guessed it: t'was about that time...!

Of course I had to cheer it on!

Dare I say it? It's Friday again. Great weekend coming up, for me. I'm off to see girlfriends Saturday evening and the rest is fun times with the fam. Have a good one!

Sunny greetings from us!


1 comment:

  1. What a great set of postcards. Love those tulips- our dogs are so funny with bubbles they try to eat them, then look all funny when they get a mouthful of suds! Looks like a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete