Friday, April 15, 2011

Joy is all around!

I feel as if I just go on and on about how wonderful everything is. And it is!
On the other hand - ever so almost-unnoticeably - I see that refletions of another level sneaks in here and there and that's just what's inevitable in this grand scheme called life: you are what you've lived and will live.

I'm fully aware, of course, that I can marvel and bask in light of happiness since I've got a totally different life to compare with and it would be uninteresting and ubnoxious if I didn't.

Hence: I marvel and wonder because of the airy lovely joy that remains after the heavy weight was finally shaken off.
There it is.

And also: it is my time off that gets the attention in this blog, not nearly all of my life or my days. But rather what's most imortant in my life!


Joy is written on the wall when daddy helps The Boy take the final leap, in order to reach a new level. Not that he needs help often but on rare occasions he does and if daddy can help then? Fine by The Boy!!


I've talked of premiering the new grill and it has been quite some weeks now since we premiered it. It is great! BBQ tastes even better - how on earth that is possible? In our neck of the woods BBQ season is here for sure: not a lunch time or dinner time passes during the weekends, without the air being filled with the loveliest scent of B B Q in the neighbourhood!



To me it's the kind of joy that makes your chest almost burst with butterflies, or whatever, when flowers are finally emerging from the buds. I get home, rush out into the garden, inspect and if something grand (like above) has happened I jump over the dog and child, eager to grab the camera!
**


Sometimes knowing that we have two whole days together is enough
for those very butterflies, to start flying again.
**


When it comes to this particular popsicle, all three of us are like children: we love it! It works fine as dessert aswell as for a friday evening snuggle. After pre school one day, The Boy and I were fortunate enough to get sunshine, walking home, so we hurried inside, brought this popsicle out and hopped out into the garden. Enjoying. Feeling joy talking to the neighbour through the bushes!
**


Saturday morning this little fellow was a bud with promise.

**



Sunscreen taken out of the cabinet. In april. Who would have thought, eh?

**


If you're a regular here, you will wonder no more, what is next...

**


The new sport: jumping with a cuddly animal. Or two!

**

Here's the dog. Again. He likes living in this blog. He also wonders if that boy never rests?!

And it's when I'm in the midst of reporting all these nice things it hits me that someone might actually think that this is it: this is how my days are. Of course they're not. I work a lot and I find my job to be very important, that's why I do it (a lot) and that's what motivates me. Being a leader is a task I don't take lightly and I strive only for the best at work, as well as at home with my family.

As I've stated before: my work week makes me need this (all you see in the blog) and all that you see in this blog is what arms me to make the best of my work weeks. That's me and how I function.


******

And then there's this joy boy:


He loves to swing and has always loved it. As long as I can remember this has been a favourite of his.


**

Still, he doesn't mind a little bit of help from his mom!

**



This fills my heart with joy!

**


"No hands"!

**



The sun never shines this bright!

**


The Boy chills, enjoys spring.

**



It was almost like summer and it was absolutely mandatory being outside. Even though my skin got a screamy red colour...!

**



*********

Celebrating Sunday afternoon:




He dug up both his shorts and his water gun. No escaping it now!

**



"What's lost in snow..."

**




My boy, full of love.

**


Joking around a whole lot with that water gun!!

**



And so the bud, above, turned into a flower over night.
Wishing everybody a splendid weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment