Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"The sunny side of the street"

Metamorphoses
Changing, evolving, developing - call it what you will but it keeps happening, whether you like it or not. The last couple of weeks, or maybe months, I've been feeling it clearly: I'm changing. Ever so softly, warmly and gracefully (at least I'd like to tell myself that!). I'm turning into this Me 4.0 I joked about in december.
It's not the age-thing it's something else.

Turning 30 I was in another phase: I was finally gathering some confidence up to start feeling like maybe I was competent, maybe I did well at work and maybe I could have a career.
Six years later I got my first position as a leader.

At 39 I got my second position as a leader and funnily somehow now the private me wants to get some attention again. Go figure!
I'm cherishing some other things these days.

I love my work and I feel good knowing I take it to the max every day - couldn't ever have it any other way - but more stuff are starting to spin up in this 40 year old mind...


Spinning on end: the love in my boy's eyes <3


Spinning for sure: The Boy and the dog: hectic, intense and energetic folks..!


These flowers are april bloomers i.e. early bloomers. I, myself, must be ranked something of a late bloomer.


As you plainly see - this IS the sunny side of the street.



Sunny side.



The finishing line
Who knows what will be at the finishing line? You get more confidence for each year, making all sorts of mistakes and making all sorts of goals.
If my 20-30 was about staying alive, giving my absolute everything keeping my son as safe as I possibly could and 30-40 was about career and mending a trashed confidence, then what will my 40-50 consist of?
And my 50-60?

Isn't life exciting?!

Who'd have thought being 40 would also mean walking on the sunny side of the street?



People in my country in full bloom in the fantastic weather.



This one has been blooming since day 1.



And I much rather bloom late than never, taking a well deserved stroll on the sunny side of the street.

"Grab your coat and snatch your hat, leave your worries on the doorstep.
Just direct your feet to the sunny side of the street.
Can't you hear that pitter pat and that happy tune in your step.
Life can be so sweet on the sunny side of the street".

No comments:

Post a Comment