Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Trying out another decorating idea...

Earlier in this blog I wrote that we'll have a rattan chair, book shelves and a table at the other end of the living room. Well, when I had a minute to spare, the other day, I thought I'd have a closer look at this. I had a feeling the room is too small to fit a rattan chair with a lamp, for reading.
I then brought down the tub chair from my son's room to see if there's room enough. And there sure wasn't!! Not by a long shot...
Good to know, at least.

Then I happened to try it out by the sofa, to see how that would look (we need more seats by the sofa but this living room is the smallest we've ever had!) and that looked great, I think!
Here are some pics of that new furnishing.








I was a bit worried that the colouring wouldn't work and started to think about buying a new cover for the tub chair. For some reason I think it works very well. It's more "coastal" than "New England" but coastal is OK for us. We even think we needn't rush to buy that white cover for the sofa: we rather like this light pink one.
Go figure!
What do you think? Are there to many colours, or does it work?

No comments:

Post a Comment